35mm Negative Scanning Service
Professional scanning of 35mm un-mounted colour and
black & white negative film. The scans are saved as TIFF files, JPEG files, or both and burned to CD or
DVD. We then ship you back your film negatives and the CD's/DVD's containing the scans. We offer scan resolutions of 1000-4000dpi
and a wide range of processing options.
Digital ICE is
included on all scans unless the film does not support it or you request it not
35mm Negative Scanning Prices
Order 35mm Negative Scanning Service
- Film strips are individually examined and cleaned using compressed air or a lint
- The film strips are then sorted as per film type (black & white, colour,
kodachrome, etc) as necessary.
- All film strips are then checked to verify which slide is the emulsion
side. With film it will usually curl towards the emulsion side.
In case it does not curl, the emulsion side is usually much duller than the
non-emulsion side. Another way to tell is to see if the writing on the
top/bottom of the strip is "right reading".
- A test scan of a 35mm film negative strip is then completed using the
settings that you selected on your "35mm
Negative Scanning Order Form".
Once everything has been tested and adjustments made the scanning of your
items is commenced.
- Once the scanning of your 35mm film negatives is completed each photo is then viewed on our colour calibrated monitors
where they are then cropped and corrected as necessary.
- During the scanning process, depending upon the number of items to be
scanned, samples are placed on a secure website for you viewing. These
files will typically be about 100KB in size and will not be suitable for
printing. They will remain on the website for up to 6 weeks.
- Once all items are scanned they are then burned to either CD's or DVD's
as per your requests.
- Once complete payment has been received from you all items will be
shipped back to you.
Here is a list of equipment that we
use in the scanning of all film
Nikon Super Coolscan 5000
Scanner. This is used for the scanning of 35mm slides and film
Nikon Super Coolscan 9000
Scanner. This is used in the scanning of medium format slides,
negatives and some 35mm slides and negatives as necessary.
Epson 4990 Pro Flatbed Scanner.
Used in the scanning of all photographs and large format film.
All of our scanners and monitors are
calibrated on a regularly scheduled basis to help ensure that you receive the
best results possible.
We understand that sending your
35mm slides off to some faceless company you've never heard of can be scary so we want you to get to know us.
If you have any questions or comments please don't hesitate to call or write.
We're looking forward to helping you and your family enjoy your old film again.
Contact us for more info