Here are only a few reasons why you should digitize your film:
- Film fades over time, digital files do not.
- To view and share your images on the web.
- To revive faded colors. Colors can be restored once an image is
For best results scan images at 4000DPI, 16 bit colour depth and
save as TIFF's
- Film attracts dust & airborne particles. These can be
permanently removed during scanning by enabling
- Film can appear very "grainy," but this can be smoothed out when
scanning by using
- To preserve and archive your family history for later
generations, some images are irreplaceable.
- Digital images can be copied over and over at a very low cost,
film duplication is expensive.
- You are more likely to view your images on your computer or TV
than set up the slide projector.
- To give your collection of images as a gift.
- Images can be sorted and labeled very easily on your computer.
- You can email digital pictures to friends and family.
- You can make several copies of CD's and DVD's for safe keeping
- DVD's and CD's are much easier to organize than carousels of
- Prints can be made from digital files
- Digitize for Powerpoint presentations and DVD Slide Shows.